In this episode, we speak with Jennifer Sherer, the Director of the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Institute at Georgia State University. Jennifer has spent her entire professional career driving innovation and supporting entrepreneurs. Today she shares her insights on building the mindset of a young entrepreneur and how to cultivate the behaviors for long-term success.
Listen in as Jennifer discusses common challenges faced by young entrepreneurs, including the risk of under-pricing services, and offers guidance on how to overcome them. She emphasizes the importance of building a strong ecosystem of advisors to help entrepreneurs navigate the ups and downs of entrepreneurship, develop effective practices, and identify potential risks. Jennifer’s expertise and guidance will help you navigate the complex world of entrepreneurship with greater confidence and success.
What You’ll Learn:
- The importance of knowing the risks of entrepreneurship.
- What the ultimate milestones to success in entrepreneurship are.
- The benefit of starting your business with the end in mind.
- Why flexibility is essential for business success.
- Why so many young entrepreneurs under-price themselves.
- How confidence comes into play when building a business.
- How to ensure you are pricing your service or product appropriately.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
- “Everyone comes to the entrepreneurial table with a different skill set and a different set of experiences that are going to somehow inform how they start and grow their business.” – Jennifer Sherer
- “Most successful entrepreneurs will tell you that if you’re in it to make money, you can go make money somewhere else.” – Jennifer Sherer
- “How you begin your company is largely influenced by what your vision is at the end of the company.” – Jennifer Sherer