Have you ever wondered what it takes to turn a simple idea into a thriving business, especially later in life? Today we are joined by Lou Childs, a Shark Tank Entrepreneur and Co-Founder of SlumberPod. Lou’s life took an incredible twist when she and her daughter embarked on a mission to help babies sleep better across the nation. In this episode, Lou shares the deliberate process that guided them to avoid the common pitfalls entrepreneurs often face, allowing them to achieve significant milestones and accelerate their success.
Listen in as Lou shares the impeccable timing that shaped their journey, emphasizing the importance of a robust support network when building a business. You will learn how generosity and persistence within the entrepreneurial community played a pivotal role in their growth, as well as the key attributes of a successful entrepreneur. You’ll also hear about their thrilling Shark Tank experience and the value of calculated risks in entrepreneurship.
What You’ll Learn:
- The value in taking calculated risks in entrepreneurship.
- What it was like creating SlumberPod .
- The importance of having a support network when building a business.
- How Lou got her product on Shark Tank.
- What it was like building a business as a mother/daughter duo.
- How they funded their business.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
- “Don’t let what other people think influence you.” – Lou Childs
- “To be successful you’ve got to have grit. You have to believe in yourself.” – Lou Childs
- “You’ve got to love what you do.” – Lou Childs