In the journey of entrepreneurship, creating a thriving business from an existing product requires a unique set of skills and a keen understanding of market needs. In this episode, we dive into the incredible story of Jesslyn Rollins, the CEO of BIOLYTE®, a family-owned business that originated from her father’s innovative idea. From grassroots efforts of selling the product out of her car to now boasting over $22 million in annual revenue, Jesslyn shares the invaluable lessons she learned along the way.
Discover the strategic mindset that propelled her to leadership, the importance of solving real market problems, and the necessity of adaptability and continuous learning in building a successful business from the ground up. Listen closely as Jesslyn unveils the playbook for transforming a product into a thriving enterprise, emphasizing the significance of hiring the right team and the willingness to pivot for sustained growth.
What You’ll Learn:
- The importance of being in tune with what the market wants.
- How to build a business around a product from scratch.
- If Jesslyn always knew she was going to be an entrepreneur.
- Where the idea for BIOLYTE® came from.
- The benefit of getting feedback from customers.
- The importance of hiring the right people.
- Why you have to be willing to pivot and learn.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
- “Typically what got you here won’t necessarily get you to the next point.” – Jesslyn Rollins
- “Nothing is ever stagnant in business. Everything is constantly changing.” – Jesslyn Rollins
- “You know what you’re not good at, so go and take a few classes specifically on those things you’re not good at.” – Jesslyn Rollins